The Rains came down

 

Hiiii All!! It's warming up here in the North. The weather can't decide if it wants to snow or rain but it's been on the rainy side the last little bit which is AWESOME! The drastic change in air pressure is making my nose bleed like crazy but hey it's all good. We are finally packing away the parkas and getting out the windbreakers/sweaters.

We are covering LOTS of wards and LOTS of areas and we have lots of people committed to baptism! I'd love it if you all kept: Tracy, Blair, Felicia, Melika, Juelena, Eldana, and Charmaine in your prayers. The Lord is hastening His work and the adversary isn't super happy about it.

We finally made it out to the First Nations Reserve, Morley! We had names of a couple of people we wanted to visit but honestly went out there like chickens with our heads cut off.. So, we went straight to a beast member that we know's house! She was just getting ready to leave to deliver flowers for Mother's day to a bunch of friends!! The Lord put us right where we needed to be. We ended up giving a few blessings, visiting a few fewer actives, and started teaching a few new people in just a couple of hours of going from house to house!! It was amazing. And to add to it, the rain was POURING while we were in the car, and exactly when we were about to get out of the car the rain would stop! We knew that God knew that we were in the right place at the right time.

Some pics:











Some personal study thoughts:

Enos 1:5-19
5... Enos, thy sins are forgiven thee, and thou shalt be blessed. 6 And I, Enos, knew that God could not lie; wherefore, my guilt was swept away. 7 And I said: Lord, how is it done? 8 And he said unto me: Because of thy faith in Christ, whom thou hast never before heard nor seen... 9 Now, it came to pass that when I had heard these words I began to feel a desire for the welfare of my brethren, the Nephites; wherefore, I did pour out my whole soul unto God for them... 12 And it came to pass that after I had prayed and labored with all diligence, the Lord said unto me: I will grant unto thee according to thy desires, because of thy faith...15... I cried unto him continually, for he had said unto me: Whatsoever thing ye shall ask in faith, believing that ye shall receive in the name of Christ, ye shall receive it... 19 And now it came to pass that I, Enos, went about among the people of Nephi, prophesying of things to come, and testifying of the things which I had heard and seen.

There is a pattern in gospel living/sharing. Faith. Desire. Action. Blessings. The Lord will tell us what we need to do/change but we need to take the necessary steps to receive those answers! Jesus loves you, go get those answers.

Elder Giles

Comments