Let God Prevail

 



"The gospel of Jesus Christ teaches us that there is purpose in life. Our being here is not just some big cosmic accident or mistake! We are here for a reason.

This culture is grounded in the testimony that our Heavenly Father exists, that He is real and loves each one of us individually. We are His 'work and [His] glory.' This culture espouses the concept of equal worth."

-Elder William K. Jackson, October 2020 General Conference






HEY! Hope everyone has another amazing week. With General Conference I'm sure everyone was able to find some peace and comfort in these difficult times. I truly felt the spirit of the Lord as each speaker talked about and testified of something we can do or change in order to be prepared for anything! Each of them were connected to the importance of coming closer to our Savior, Jesus Christ. It is hard for me to choose 1 talk that was my favorite.
 
As I was listening and taking notes, I made a mark on each of the talks that I felt I needed to go back and read again later. This turned out to be about half the talks!!






This is our friend Desiree and her pink car, she gives us tons of food and is 9 months pregnant this week!!



Calgary Sunrises are like Utah sunsets. This is a picture out of my bedroom window!

Zone Council
Had another sweet Zone Council! The first councilor, President Vermeeran, in the mission presidency came to join us and tell us a few things. He took up pretty much the entire council talking about complacency:
"a feeling of smug or uncritical satisfaction with oneself or one's achievements."
and insanity:
"repeating the same actions over and over again and expecting different results."
We set pretty high, faith-filled goals as a zone. I was glad that we were able to ponder and council about some changes that need to be made in our work. 

Humility and Diligence are 2 key Christlike attributes that were apparent in my mind.
I know that as we work diligently in all aspects of life, and are humble as we see the Lord's hand in our lives. He will pour blessings on us.

"Now, my dear brothers and sisters, it takes both faith and courage to let God prevail. It takes persistent, rigorous spiritual work to repent and to put off the natural man through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.19 It takes consistent, daily effort to develop personal habits to study the gospel, to learn more about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and to seek and respond to personal revelation."

-President Russell M. Nelson
President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
October 2020 General Conference

I know that God lives! I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world!
Love you all:) Have a great week!




Comments