Chinook还在


Hello Everyone! Happy Wednesday. Hope you all are doing great! The Chinook is still lingering here in Calgary so it's got up to 5⁰ C a few times. It's crazy how 0 degrees just feels so warm now. But, I'm getting really for -30 to come back next week!! Investigators are all improving every-time we meet, getting ready to get some people put on baptismal date! Shoutout to my parents for going down to Arizona for the waste management open, send me pics! Loving missionary work, loving Calgary, loving Chinese. Everything is just good! Not sure how much I have to write about but here it is!

Ping Pong with Alvaro
One of my ESL students challenged me to a ping pong match. I thought, since i'm a Chinese speaking missionary, I could take him. Turns out in Chile (where he's from) He played ping pong all growing up, everyday. He came to sports night and showed both me and Elder Vincent how it's done. It was a fun night!

Chinese New Year day
Got Super sick again on Chinese new year but kept it going! It's a tradition to clean your house and get new furniture to celebrate the new year. So, we cleaned the house and went to help a member setup their new bed. An hour and a half later, drilling with nothing but a screwdriver, we completed the project. They took us to get all you can eat Sushi at Sushi Fusion. MMM It was super good. One of the north elder's investigators was working! Serving us unlimited rolls and everything. I wanted to blow. He gave us a discount and we were outta there!

Days of Harmony and A Day for the Eternities
Elder Choi and I watched these 2 videos on the Gospel library this week! They basically are short movies that portray Joseph Smith's experience translating the Book of Mormon from the gold plates with Oliver Cowdery. I highly recommend them! I don't think they're new but we felt inspired to watch and share them this week.

Milkshakes with the Teachers
After english class we had a little bit of time before we had to be home so we went to Peter's drive-in. I had never heard of the place but apparently it's a pretty famous milkshake place. I never would have thought going to get milkshakes, outside, in the middle of the winter, in Canada, would be a very fun activity but we actually had a blast! Surprisingly enough we didn't freeze. The spirit must have kept us warm.

Like I said, I love being a missionary. I'm so grateful I have all of 2020 and more to be doing the Lord's work! I know that the Savior lives and loves each of us! This is His work. I guess i'll leave you with a scripture! 

1 Nephi 17:3
And thus we see that the commandments of God must be fulfilled. And if it be that the children of men keep the commandments of God he doth nourish them, and strengthen them, and provide means whereby they can accomplish the thing which he has commanded them; wherefore, he did provide means for us while we did sojourn in the wilderness.

Keeping the commandments will give you strength and nourishment. The Lord will provide means for each of us that look to him for help. Love you all! Make this week a good one:))

Ji
Elder Giles






Comments