Training to finish training!

Kind of a confusing title I know!! But this week was amazing. Elder Ruan and I stayed busy every hour looking for the elect, preparing new programs for our branch to be involved in this work, and preparing all the posters for every ESL class in Calgary! Our investigators are all progressing more and more everyday! I could write out what happened this week but, as usual, here are some highlights:).

Elder Johnson!
We got a new Mandarin missionary this week. He got here on Wednesday and was stuck at the airport without a ride for a few hours since everyone was busy! He finally got picked up by the Spanish couple missionaries and then was taken to live with the Zone Leaders for the time being! He ended up living with them for 3 days, learning the ropes from the best and adjusting to the life of a missionary. After those 3 days he came and lived with Elder Ruan and I! (That explains the title) we have overall been killing it with him. His Chinese is super good and he retains information so well!! He is from Kaysville, Utah and graduated from Davis.

New White Handbook for Missionaries
The new handbook finally got released this week! I love the change in mood it brings to the work. Originally it was a book of rules and procedure, now it's about how we as missionaries can become lifelong disciplines of Jesus Christ. It uses the words "common sense" a lot, because really if you are listening to the spirit and you're on a mission, you'll know the rules. I love it and I know it will bring amazing new ways to spread this gospel!

More university contacting 
Got to go on campus twice again this week! We are getting better at finding natural ways to bring up the gospel to these college students. We found a couple really awesome guys from Beijing that were extremely good at ping pong. They were all super nice and one of them signed up for ESL class! Another couple of guys we met were from Venezuela. I think their names were like Ho and Fo,  they were great. I introduced them to the church and told them about what missionary work is. They explained to me that they've always wanted to learn mandarin! Good thing I'm preparing a mandarin class to be taught at Bow Valley once a week!! So I told them about the idea and got their phone number.

Interviews with President Keung
Elder Ruan and I were the very last interviews on Presidents list. He called us over on Monday night to get them done! I always love going to the mission home and being welcomed so lovingly by Sister Keung! They are just such nice, loving, amazing people! We were supposed to have a lesson with Dylan and Rose but like 5 minutes before president called us, they canceled! So uh, I guess that was good timing. Interviews went great! President helped me understand some different ways I can work through the Keys in our branch a little bit better!

Transfer Sheets
The transfer sheets got released last night! I was eagerly waiting to see what happened since I was either going to a different area or I was going to be legitimately training Elder Johnson. As soon as I got the email I jumped on it! I'm going DOWNTOWN with Elder Choi!! My wish came true. The first week I was here we covered both south and downtown areas, and all I said was "I wish I could just cover downtown and live in the city!" And boom, it happened. I'm leaving Elder Ruan sadly but he is going to do a great job training Elder Johnson here in the south! Elder Choi is from Hong Kong and was a convert at age 19. He speaks both Mandarin and Cantonese fluently and is in the process of learning English! He is the most loving dude I've ever met. I'm so excited to see the work we accomplish in downtown together!

Honestly all I can think about is moving tomorrow. I'm so excited!  I know that through obedience and hard work, Elder Choi and I are going to be guided by the spirit to people ready to accept us! I am forever grateful for the work I got to accomplish in the south while in training! Getting the groundwork set for a new branch and teaching ESL every night. I know that God always blesses us with opportunities that are for our benefit. And as we look to him in gratitude, obeying the promptings of the Holy Ghost, he will give us more opportunities to help others! Love you all! 

Ji

Pics: 
Sheep
Elder Ruan and Johnson Elder Cox (he's going home) Posters on posters
All 7 "You have 10 hours"






Comments