The BoM and The Doctrine

 



Morning friends and family! It's been a great week.

Just a couple more of these then I'm home free! I apologize for my lack of creativity and writing skills... that, combined with my physical and mental exhaustion on P-day's just makes my emails home pretty stinky most of the time. Nonetheless, I hope what I say brings the spirit into your life in some way or another! 

This week we extended lots more baptismal invitations, had lots of them say yes and lots of them say no! Either answer is good because we can still help them progress and overcome roadblocks. A couple of the families we are teaching have SUCH a strong desire to get baptized but that's it... They haven't quite grasped the idea of enduring to the end. So, we are having their fellowships keep in contact with them every day to help them along the path to discipleship.

We had another 40+ teaching appointments this week. Plenty of opportunities to testify of Jesus Christ and invite others to come closer to Him. We put an extra emphasis on helping those progressing to read the Book of Mormon this week. In PMG we learn the "the Book of Mormon, combined with the spirit, is the most powerful resource in conversion." That is why it is SO SO important for not only the people we are teaching to read and pray every day, but also for US to keep reading and praying daily!!

My mom and dad have accepted the challenge to read the entire Book of Mormon before I get home. We set a "study plan" in the gospel library a few weeks ago to get started. With only a short amount of time before I get home, the study plan is to have us read 3 chapters every day. At first, I was getting tired and overwhelmed (because I really don't like reading), but now after a couple of weeks of reading 3 chapters every day, I have developed a wonderful reading schedule that is blessing me so much. The Book of Mormon changes lives! You just have to read it every day...

Here are a few verses I really liked from my reading this morning:)

Alma 9:25-28
...the Lord has sent his angel to visit many of his people, declaring unto them that they must go forth and cry mightily unto this people, saying: Repent ye, for the kingdom of heaven is nigh at hand;

And not many days hence the Son of God shall come in his glory; and his glory shall be the glory of the Only Begotten of the Father, full of grace, equity, and truth, full of patience, mercy, and long-suffering, quick to hear the cries of his people and to answer their prayers.

And behold, he cometh to redeem those who will be baptized unto repentance, through faith on his name.

Therefore, prepare ye the way of the Lord, for the time is at hand that all men shall reap a reward of their works, according to that which they have been—if they have been righteous they shall reap the salvation of their souls, according to the power and deliverance of Jesus Christ...

The Doctrine of Christ is such a simple yet profound doctrine. As we BELIEVE, CHANGE, and COMMIT to following our Savior Jesus Christ, the rest of the problems in our lives become a bit easier to overcome. Turn to Him!

Elder Giles
吉长老

Comments