I love my MOM

 



Finally got to do Baptism for the Dead at Calgary Temple with the Burninghams!!



So it snowed...


HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

Thought it was cool that the sunset and the door is the same color


As you might know, Elder Isom and I are covering half the Calgary West stake, the First Nation reserve, and a bit of the mandarin branch. Long story short, this was the busiest week of my life!! We had 43 teaching appointments... The high councilor over missionary work has a vision that we won't have any time for finding activities, our entire days will one day be full of teaching and baptizing. We are almost there already! The Lord is blessing this work immensely.

I am seeing the importance of thorough preparation, goal setting, and planning. We are having to prioritize our time and follow the spirit closely in order to accomplish all that the Lord has for us in a day. 

The Social Media leads put Elder Isom and me in charge of another initiative that will allow for all the programs in the mission to have a brief summary/overview on one page. We are teaming up with a senior couple that was quite the businessman to put together this outline. The vision is that when the new mission president comes into the field at the end of June, he will be able to look at this "program packet" and know where everyone is putting their time and energy. This is a big job but it's a fun one!!

https://fb.watch/5p5k407nW4/
We also put together this fun video of some service we did at the temple grounds:) check it out!

ALSO, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY. My mom, Sharie Giles is an angel. I am so grateful for my mom. She is the greatest example of Christlike LOVE and DILIGENCE. She is the reason I am who I am today, and I hope to continue to be more like her!

Mosiah 13:3-5
3 Touch me not, for God shall smite you if ye lay your hands upon me, for I have not delivered the message which the Lord sent me to deliver; neither have I told you that which ye requested that I should tell; therefore, God will not suffer that I shall be destroyed at this time.

4 But I must fulfill the commandments wherewith God has commanded me; and because I have told you the truth ye are angry with me. And again, because I have spoken the word of God ye have judged me that I am mad.

5 Now it came to pass after Abinadi had spoken these words that the people of king Noah durst not lay their hands on him, for the Spirit of the Lord was upon him; and his face shone with exceeding luster, even as Moses’ did while in the mount of Sinai, while speaking with the Lord.


Mosiah 13 is probably my favorite chapter in the Book of Mormon. He teaches with such power and authority! Although I may not get the chance to luster before an evil king; I am so grateful for the chance I have to bear testimony of the Savior each day. And you can TOO!

Elder Giles


Comments