Lovely

 Hello again everyone! How are things?:)

Love and miss you all!

Of course, things are still going absolutely great up here! Not sure about the status of Corona but people are accepting cash and we had an in-person zone conference yesterday! We also were able to meet one of our friends Lynn and her kids in a park on Sunday. Things are seeming to clear up little by little! A few of our friends are really progressing well, we have committed 3 of them to baptism but they have not selected a date. The work progresses and people continue to seek and find truth!

At the food bank this week I walked over to 2 men waiting for me to take their order. The first man says: "You are from Utah aren't you!?" 
I responded "Uhhh yes I am how did you know?"
"I was a football player for Utah State back in 1969 and I knew many mormons! I know that's where you all come from!"
I then talked with him for a few minutes and found that he was not too fond of the church:( I then moved over to the second guy.
"Hey Elder! Nice to see you here, I was just baptized into the church a couple months ago!"
We talked and it turned out he was working with some Elders that I was very close with back when I lived in Downtown. The second man was so grateful for the missionaries and he loved that community that the church brought into his life.
It is crazy how the church gets around and so many people are affected by who we are and what we do!
These 2 men helped me see the power of missionaries and how a seeker of truth, when put in the pathway of solid missionaries, can be affected in such a positive way! This is the work of the Lord:)

Doctrine and Covenants 76:114-117
114 But great and marvelous are the works of the Lord, and the mysteries of his kingdom which he showed unto us, which surpass all understanding in glory, and in might, and in dominion;
115 Which he commanded us we should not write while we were yet in the Spirit, and are not lawful for man to utter;
116 Neither is man capable to make them known, for they are only to be seen and understood by the power of the Holy Spirit, which God bestows on those who love him, and purify themselves before him;
117 To whom he grants this privilege of seeing and knowing for themselves


Truly the works of the Lord are great and marvelous! I have seen, and I continue to see people's lives change as they are touched by the Spirit. I know that God is well aware of our situation and He knows exactly what we need. He lives!


Comments