祝你生日快乐

Hello my friends and family! As usual, hope you all had a FANTASTIC week. My week consisted of 2 holidays so that isn't too bad! Holidays on the mission are just like regular days with a little more excitement and energy. Things in downtown are going really well! We have been putting in our all to find people ready to accept us and we are seeing the fruits of our labors! Planting seeds for the beginnings of missionary work in China! Here's my week:

Finding Success
Elder Choi and I have found a new light in Tracting and Street Contacting! Originally we had a really hard time finding success (chinese people), but now that we have been in this area for 3 transfers, we know where to look! We have been going over to the far West side of our area up on top of this hill called "signal hill". Chinese people really like to live up on high elevated areas of land. We guess that about every single street up in that area has a Chinese family, one of the streets we tracted this week had 6!

Mr. Lao
One of those 6 families that we founds was a man named Mr. Lao. The craziest thing (other than he let us in) was that he spoke Hunan Hua, a dialect of Mandarin that is NOT mandarin. Elder Choi's mom actually speaks that dialect, so he could understand the man, and the man could understand him. But, when I said anything he just looked at Elder Choi and said "听不懂" Which means "I really have no idea what he is saying". Anyways, we taught him who Jesus Christ is and how to pray and at the end of the lesson his daughter walked in the house. She was furious and  basically told us to never come back...

Hot Wings
After one of our suuuper successful english classes this week, we went into the other room to tell some other elders about our successes. They were doing a spicy wing challenge with their young men and actually saved Elder Choi and I a wing each. We should have taken the hints by the 3 young men lying on the floor in pain as a reason to not eat these wings. But we did anyways. Long story short: it hurt, don't do it.

Valentines Day!
I didn't even know it was valentines day until about halfway through the day. That morning my replacement Debit cards arrived so I could actually buy food. That was a blessing:) We had an english lesson with some of our friends at the Maple Leaf academy. When we got there they all said they wanted to learn vocabulary and phrases for what to say on valentines day! Good thing we had a lesson for that. One of the students was like "教我们关于神对我们的爱" Which means: "you should teach us about God's love for us..." But, none of the other people in the room believe in God so we gotta meet with that one student:) 

BDAY
I turned 19 this week! Sad that I can't tell these Chinese people that i'm 18 anymore but I guess that's what happens. 2 highlights of my birthday. When my alarm went off at 6 o'clock Elder Choi JUMPED out of bed and started singing happy birthday. I'd never seen him moved like that anytime before 10. And, at the end of the day when we got back home, he took one of the cookies in the fridge, stuck a candle in it, and sang happy birthday again! That, and I got to call my family for a little bit!

Thank you all for the many birthday wishes! 

2 Nephi 9:39 O, my beloved brethren... Remember, to be carnally-minded is death, and to be Spiritually-Minded Is Life Eternal.
Remember to smile this week! A smile can go a long way, it can bring happiness to yourself and happiness to those around you. Think about all of the many blessings that God has given you. Be grateful for Him and His plan for you. SMILE a little:)

B.rgds,

Elder Giles

1. English class 2. The comp 3. Valentines tower





Comments